Monday, September 17, 2012

Everything

Where the grief has brought me, is to a place of frozenness.
I"m not sure where to go, what to do, who I am
I can't quite move forward.
Those to-do lists just don't seem as important.
Goals?  What for?  

Though yesterday I took a walk and I heard for the first time, Everything is Alright.

Everything is Alright.

My mind seems to have it, but my body isn't quite convinced yet, I could feel buzzing in the background.

And it is true.  Everything is Alright.

Work is kinda slow yet Everything is Alright.

It's my birthday and my husband has the flu....yet Everything is Alright.

I have some great ideas that I can't seem to get going on, yet Everything is Alright.

So I guess I'll sit with this.
This....

Everything is Alright

And see what it brings.


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Andrea. Thanks for the reminder that Everything is Alright and it is good to sit with it and see what comes.
    Jenny Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although we both seem to be "frozen" by two different types of blocks - I relate to your words in this post. I struggle with believing (and reminding myself) that everything is alright. Thank you for reiterating that fact and letting your readers share your hope. You are going to find your way just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea, I love this saying... Everything will be alright...I've used that mantra whenever I've had really difficult things to deal with. Looking forward to reading more of your writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, yes, everything is alright. It is important to remember, it helps us not be so hard on ourselves.

    ReplyDelete