Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Change

For the past few weeks, whenever and where ever I use the bathroom, I often need to change the toilet roll.

I guess the universe is trying to tell me something.

Finish what you have left and then start a new.  This really feels right.
The old stuff can be useful to the end but its time I finish with it and start something new.   Maybe with something that softer and gentler.

Letting go of what we know is hard.  It becomes habit and soon we don't even see it.

I've been doing a "get healthy" plan over at transformation.com and it works.  When I do it....

I stayed pretty conscious of the plan (eating well and exercising) for about 12 weeks.  I did lose some weight and I did lose inches.  I'm feeling better.  And my husband and I are deepening our relationship as we do this together.

Then the emotional part came in and old mindsets, old mean voices, old habits began creeping back in.

Today I bravely stepped back on the scale and although I was thinking I was doing "fine", I had gained some weight.

This is my new starting point.  I want to look at what old stuff I can get rid of, where the new habits wouldn't quite stick and get back into a healthy routine.  But I can't do it the way I've been doing it.  

Maybe I need to take it a sheet at a time.

Time to change the roll!

This is going to be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. While fun and light hearted, this post is very insightful and full of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in this situation, I had to lose weight for a health issue and did really well all year until Summer, now I dread the scales. Time to restart and put behind me the starve or binge mentality, that way is not healthy or sustainable. Well done for facing your scales and beginning again.

    ReplyDelete